- Obviously, protecting myself from a potentially deadly virus.
- Protecting others from a potentially deadly virus, in the event I have the thing and am asymptomatic.
- Deadening the smells we could do without, like farts or when some dude bathes himself in cologne.
- Nobody can see you talking under your breath about them.
- You can be fashionable and say something about yourself if you find a fabric you like.
- Steam. Even more problematic if you wear glasses.
- Smelling your own burps.
- Living with that rank thing you just ate.
- In the event you take a breath mint, anything with menthol could cause your eyes to water due to mentholy steam.