This is something of a live blog. I plan on watching much of the first round and will probably watch the second round as well. My main focus will be on the Seattle Seahawks picks and with those players from the University of Washington and the University of Florida. Feel free to comment on Micro.blog or Twitter.
- Heck of a crowd in Nashville for this draft. Beyond impressive.
- Commissioner Goddell has come out on stage to announce the start of the draft. As usual, he’s met by boos. Shows how much people love this sport, but dislike the guy running it.
- One last nite before we get to the picks, but I love this year’s Draft hats, which feature the designs of civic flags on them in team colors. The Seahawks hat appears to be the only one different from this theme, in that it features the 12th Man flag.
- No surprise, Kyler Murray is the first pick by Arizona. First player ever selected in the first round of both the NFL and MLB Drafts. You also have to believe Josh Rosen is on the move. Time will tell where that’ll be.
- With the second pick, the Niners pick Nick Bosa. Again, little surprise. I look forward to Duane Brown pancaking this kid.
- Quinnen Williams is the third pick by the Jets. Dude made a huge name for himself this past year at Alabama.
- Clelin Ferrell is off to the Raiders with the fourth pick. Mock drafts have this pick a bit high. Also note the Raiders have multiple first round picks. Not saying it’s a bad pick, but they might have been able to wait for this kid.
- Devin White, ILB, from LSU goes to the Bucs. Adding him to a LB corps with Lavonte David could be fun.
- At sixth, The New York Giants pick a QB… Daniel Jones. Giants fans are puzzled… pissed even. The Giants weird offseason continues.
- The first trade of the night has the Broncos trading the 10th pick to the Steelers. With that pick, Pittsburgh selects Devin Bush. Great pick!
- Dwayne Haskins heads to the football team in Washington, DC. Better decision than what the Giants made.
- And of course the Hawks trade out of their pick at 21. Hawks receive Green Bay’s pick at 30 and two fourth round picks this weekend. Typical Seattle trade. That gives the Hawks consecutive picks at 29 & 30… for now.
- At 29, Seattle picks LJ Collier… a defensive end. Just traded one of those away.
- At 30, the Seahawks did Seahawks things and traded the pick to the Giants. Seattle receives the 37th (2nd round), 134th (4), 142 (5). More volume.
- At 31, the first Husky comes off the board with Kaleb McGary (OT) heading to Atlanta.