Lincoln Stars v. Sioux Falls Stampede
- The Denny Sanford Premier Center is a really nice building. Coming from Lincoln, there’s always a bit of shock and awe seeing a much larger arena than the Ice Box.
- The Stars lost 4-2. Not that we expected much, this team has struggled all year.
- Sioux Falls fans are mostly reserved. It’s a change from the belligerent crap I hear from the novice masses in Lincoln.
- Cow bells. They do love cow bells in Sioux Falls.
WoodGrain Brewing Company
- For New Years Eve, this was a quiet little joint.
- The beer here is pretty good though. The Milk Stout was really good. Not as sweet as Boulder Brewing’s Shake Porter, but in the same ballpark.
- The house sodas are also really good. WoodGrain makes a really smooth cream soda. Also, check out the pineapple soda.
- It’s really freaking cold in Sioux Falls currently. Currently -3°F with a wind chill of -21°F.
- Not sure why, but it really smells like farts in our hotel room. I’m guessing there’s a factory or something nearby.